Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back..

Came back from camp yesterday..was totally worn out and exhausted..Only managed to post my comments and feelings of this experience today...

The camp was at Inti International University College in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. It's actually only 1 hour drive from our school, not that far like everyone else thought. The day before the camp (Thursday), I actually felt like crying coz' I will miss home very much...I think even my mum felt the tense, like I'm-going-for-3 years that kind of feeling. But I kept telling myself that there'll be 120++ prefects going, why should I feel like that? In the end, I overcame my "fear", and went to the camp with a not-so-sad feeling.

Reached the college at about 3, checked into our very far hostel that let us felt like we're walking 20km. Wasn't really satisfied with my roommate (no, it's not her fault) coz' I was hoping to be in the same room with a form 3, rather than a form 4. Can't really do anything about it, but Jia Yee did ask me to sleep in her room. Didn't sleep in her room on the first day, because we were afraid that we'll get caught by the seniors. Only went to her room on the last night, almost everyone changed rooms since it was the last night.

After checking in, went back to the 20km-like far main building--the sports hall. We spent most of our time these 3 days in the sports hall. There weren't much outdoor activities since the college students were having their exams. The campus was incredibly large, with 2 basketball courts, an Olympic size swimming pool, futsal court, 19 blocks (hostel) and the landscape was amazing and well maintained. There was also the cafeteria, where we had our 3 meals everyday and the dining area. The food were quite nice, I would say, but the portion of rice was just too much for me.

The activities held by Inti and our school were really meaningful and I would say they did a great job in "digging" out our leadership skills through these activities.Some of the games held were the lifting game, dodgeball, the balloon game, painting the gigantic sized banner, the picking up stone game, etc,etc. As for the dodgeball game, since introduced by the Inti staff on the 1st night, everyone became addicted to the game. Everytime when there's free time, we would play the game. It was really funny to see that we played it by our own rules, not only a person don't get kicked out after kena hit, more and more people joined in throughout the games, which made the 2 teams so full of members that the ball can hardly be seen. It was also a quite dangerous game, that many people got hit in the face, stomach and head, and even broke their specs...

My team, VWin, led by Julian were quite co-operative, except for one (won't mention names here). Although our team did not emerge as the overall winner,but I am happy that we worked well as a team. I really admire the motivator, Dr.Sia. She's a successful woman, a great speaker, and she dresses up like a man. She's a wo-man!!! Her talks really influenced and touched us deep in the hearts. When will I be as brave as her...? Really salute to you, Dr. Sia!!

The activites ended at around 11 everyday, I was so tired at the end of the day that I skipped my supper and went back to the dorm to take my shower as soon as it ends. Lied down on the bed, and within a few minutes, I was already snoozing away. Woke up at 5.45 in the morning, and another day full of activities began till late at night. I quite liked the activity on the second day, where we got to go on a campus tour in Inti. Went to most parts of the campus, and I liked the Bio Lab a lot. The equipments and facilities in the campus were incredible and expensive too. The only thing bad about the tour was the STAIRS!!! There were so many stairs in the campus, that everywhere we went, we need to use the stairs...lol.

Overall, it was a brilliant and successful camp. When I reached home, I realized that I did not have that home-sick feeling I thought I was going to have, and I'm glad about it. I will definately participate if there's a camp in Inti again...

No comments: