Friday, December 31, 2010

Car-mates..

Gosh. It really is fast. Time really passes by fast.

Last year at this moment, we were in Dataran Merdeka, just finishing the One Mile Dash. It was then followed by the long walk through KL.

This year, I've spent my New Year's Eve dinner with a bunch of lovely people who have been with me for 5 years, or I should say more than 5 years, my car-mates. :)

I realised I've mentioned a lot about my school friends but not my car-mates. I shall do it now then.

Hmm. I remembered the 1st day in Form1, when we saw each other in the car, there was a sense of relief because we knew each other since primary school. And there it started, our 5 year journey through CHS.

Since we all stayed far away from school, we spent a lot of time in the car with each other. The time we spent gossiping about teachers and friends, laughing, whining, complaining, playing, singing, and gosh, we were really noisy. I wonder how Auntie and Uncle tahan-ed us for 5 years. And we were all girls! It's like "girls unite and no boys allowed". Haha.

I remembered the times when we were still in the afternoon session. Going home during rainy days were a torture. Oh the TRAFFIC JAMS! By the time we reached home it was usually already 7.30pm or later. I'll definitely remember the songs we sang about a certain someone! *ahem ahem* It was even fun for us who were in the BMW when going home. We got all hyped up playing and laughing and when it reached 7pm, we immediately shut up because we knew Uncle wanted to listen to the news! Lol. How cooperative!

And then we were in Form3, the youngest in the car. And yet still so noisy. XD Waking up at 5.30am, getting up the car at 6.00am and reaching school at 6.40am. In the mornings it was all dark and silent and cold, and everyone would be asleep. And maybe that's why we tried to cram everything we wanted to say once we got up the car after school dismissal! We were the only batch to get all 8As in PMR and we're proud of it till now. Lol.

Auntie changed a much bigger car the next year but there were still 2 cars. Uncle started to become the one we saw more frequently and we totally changed our perception towards him! He was the cool, non-talking, ganas-on-the-road Uncle we knew in Form1 and Form2 and since then only we knew he talks! A lot! And the hype-ness did not stop there. We were still as talkative as ever, still gossiping, still complaining. It was a favourite past time for us I guess. Everyday after school, without fail. Haha! And it gets a little too quiet at times when a few of us stayed back in school. :/

And I guess I could sum up that the times we spent in the car were always fun times. As the year ends, I know we'll most probably not have any chance to sit in the same car again, fooling around or watching movies so tonight was probably the last. :( I'll certainly remember the times when we got horned by Uncle for being late, running out of school for the fear of being left behind, enjoying the refreshing drinks by Uncle/Auntie after an exhausting day under the sun on Merentas Desa and Sports Day, and mostly I'll miss the times in the car.

And so, I'm dedicating this New Year's Eve to post to those who have been in the Unser, the BMW, the Myvi and the Starex with me since 2006. A big thank you to Auntie and Uncle for the dinner treat just now. Happy New Year to all and have a great life ahead. :)

2 comments:

~P@trick~ ~爱是魔王~ said...

You post here... i don't think the uncle and auntie can see it and know it... hahaha... by the way, happy new year...luck in the future, since already graduate from secondary school means had step into the society(no matter u working,studying in college or form 6) best of luck... =) make the right decision for your future...

The annoying guys... ~P'z~

dandelion said...

Lol. Of course I know they won't see. Just write down so that can remember ma.